- Reviews (0)
Mix 3-4 Drops of Rosemary and 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil – Massage to accupressure points of thyroid and to base of your throat and let it absorb into your skin. Do this daily .Rosemary oil helps fight inflammation in your body (1). Massaging it on the hypothyroidism pressure points can help regulate the secretion of thyroid hormones
- Use replace cooking oil with coconut oil however uncooked coconut oil is more beneficial, so use virgin coconut oil in salads.
- Consume 500 mg ashwagandha capsules daily 1-2 times a day.
- Take 10-12 mg iodine supplements daily for about 6 mths to 1 year. Kelp a seaweed is rich in Iodine can be consumed once daily for few months.
- Hypothyroidism can also be caused by a deficiency in certain vitamins like vitamin B12. Regular intake of vitamins B12 and C can help in the treatment of hypothyroidism.Vitamin B12 stimulates the functioning of the thyroid gland, while vitamin C helps fight oxidative stress (that can worsen hypothyroidism) with its antioxidant properties.To increase your intake of these vitamins, you can either consume foods rich in them, such as citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, fish, meat, eggs, and dairy products, or take supplements after consulting your physician.
- 1 Inch of Ginger minced and added to 1 cup of hot water and let it absorb for about 10 mins. Let it cool and add honey. Have immediately.
Foods To Consume
- Vegetables (cruciferous vegetable can be consumed, but in small amounts)
- Fruits like bananas, oranges, tomatoes, and berries
- Gluten-free grains and seeds like rice, quinoa, chia seeds, and flax seeds
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt
- Water and non-caffeinated drinks
Foods To Avoid
- Foods that contain gluten like bread, pasta, cereals, and beer
- Soy foods like tofu, soy milk, and soybeans
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and cabbage
- Some fruits like peach, pears, and strawberries
- Caffeine and alcohol
- Get yourself screened for hypothyroidism every 5 years, typically beginning when you cross 35 years.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and caffeine.
- Keep yourself stress-free.
- Drink filtered water.
- Avoid consuming fatty foods.
- Consume iodine-rich foods.
- Keep your weight under control.
- Do exercising and yoga.
Among these, one of the most important tips that you must pay heed to is to keep a regular check on your thyroid levels, especially once you cross 35 years of age. This is because the earlier you detect a thyroid dysfunction, the faster you can treat it and avoid complications. Some of the major complications that may occur if you leave hypothyroidism untreated are listed below.