- Reviews (0)
What is Diabetes : Diabetes is a condition in which the body’s ability to produce or respond to the hormone insulin is impaired, resulting in abnormal metabolism of carbohydrates and elevated levels of glucose in the blood.
- To manage diabetes effectively, you need to do the following:
- Regularly Monitor and Manage your blood sugar levels
- Plan what you eat at each meal.
- Exercise regularly.
- Work on weight Loss
- Healthy Diet and Fit Mind and Body can fight any disease including Cancer.
- Ayurveda has some useful Tips to overcome effects of Diabetes and keep blood sugar levels under control .
- Fenugreek Seeds all the way
Consume about one teaspoon of fenugreek powder (methi dana powder) with lukewarm water early morning before you start your day. Fenugreek seeds are famous for their ability to lower blood sugar in people with diabetes. They contain fiber and help in slowing the digestion process and thus regulates the absorption of carbohydrates and sugar. They also help in improving the way the body uses sugar.
- 2. Home-Made PowdersMake a concoction of fenugreek powder, jamun seed powder, neem powder and karela powder, all in equal proportions. Consume about 1 teaspoon of this mix, half an hour before lunch and dinner along with water.
- 3 The Indian Superfood AmlaTake two teaspoons of amla juice with a pinch turmeric powder early morning. Amla is the fruit of the Indian gooseberry tree and is a traditional remedy to control high blood sugar levels. It also contains a mineral called chromium which regulates carbohydrate metabolism and helps in making your body more responsive to insulin.
- 4 One Glass Juice, Daily of Karela JuiceKarela or bitter gourd is one of the most trusted foods often recommended by experts to regulate blood sugar levels. Drink a glass of juice made with 1/2 bitter gourd, 1/2 cucumber, 2 celery stalk and 1/2 green apple. You should have this once a day.
- 5 Delicious and Therapeutic Soak 8-10 flowers of Paneer Doda in a glass of water overnight. Filter the water and have it in the morning. Also known as Paneer ka Phool, Paneer Doda is a popular Indian flower known for its medicinal uses. It helps in utilizing the blood glucose effectively
Foods To Consume
- Fatty Fish.
- Leafy Greens. Leafy green vegetables are extremely nutritious and low in calories. …
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is a delicious spice with potent antioxidant activity. …
- Eggs -Eggs provide amazing health benefits. …
- Chia Seeds.
- Greek Yogurt.
- Nuts – Include Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Cashews , Hazel Nuts , Macadamia, Pecans, Pistas, Walnuts in your diet.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flax seeds
Foods To Avoid
- Foods rich in Sugar , including Beverages ,sugar sweetened iced tea and lemonade
- Trans Fats : These are found in margarines, peanut butter, spreads, creamers and frozen dinners. In addition, food manufacturers often add them to crackers, muffins and other baked goods to help extend shelf life.
- High Carb processed foods like White Bread, Pasta and Rice
- Fruit flavoured yogurts
- Sweetened breakfast cereals
- Flavoured Drinks
- Honey Nectar , Maple Syrup
- Dried Frutis
- Packaged Food and snacks ,
- French Fries
- Fruit Juices
- Physical Activity and lose extra weight
- Lose weight
- Lower your blood sugar
- Boost your sensitivity to insulin — which helps keep your blood sugar within a normal range
- Plenty of fibre intake .
- Reduce your risk of diabetes by improving your blood sugar control
- Lower your risk of heart disease
- Promote weight loss by helping you feel full
- Go for whole grains
- Skip fad diets and chose healthy alternatives instead
- Visit a Doctor if
- You’re age 45 or older and overweight
- You’re younger than age 45 and overweight, with one or more additional risk factors for type 2 diabetes — such as a sedentary lifestyle or a family history of diabetes
- Check Blood sugar levels at regular intervals.